An audience is only as valuable as the actions you can take with it. That’s why we’re introducing a new, improved experience for exporting audiences from FanThreeSixty. We’ve added new tools that make it easier to connect your fan data to other applications while making sure the feature stays simple and easy to use.
Read on to learn about the updates and improvements we’ve made:
- All export options are in the same workflow— click on “Send audience”
- Added SFTP as a destination
- Added a step for excluding do not solicit
- Reduced number of fields you can choose from, now only includes validated data
- Does not split every ticketing account on its own line (this is optional now)
- New settings options for recurring exports
What can I do with an audience?
In addition to using an audience within FanThreeSixty (for example, assigning leads in a program or sending a mobile communication), you can export the audience to use in other systems. Today there are three options for exporting:
- Export as a csv
- Link to an email system
- Send to an SFTP
CSV exports are available by default. You’ll need to connect your email system or SFTP destinations to FanThreeSixty before you can export fans there.
Export as a csv
Selecting this option will generate a csv file that you can download directly from FanThreeSixty. It will comprise a snapshot of the audience at the time the csv is generated.
Link to an email system
Depending on your email system, you can connect the audience directly to a contact list or campaign.
- For MailChimp, we’ll add the FanThreeSixty audience to the MailChimp audience that you select. You can also create a new MailChimp audience from FanThreeSixty.
- For Salesforce Marketing Cloud, we’ll add the FanThreeSixty audience to a data extension that you select. You can also create a new data extension from FanThreeSixty.
- For Adobe Campaign, we’ll link the FanThreeSixty audience to an already-created campaign. This will launch the campaign automatically.
Send to an SFTP
This option will send the audience csv file to an SFTP that you select.
How can I remove the fans I’m not allowed to solicit?
You have two options for exporting an audience: everybody, or just the fans you have permission to solicit.
Choose transactional audience if you want to see every fan in the audience or you need to contact each one, for example, if you need to send an email to every ticket buyer for a given event.
Choose marketing audience if you’re using the list as contacts for a marketing campaign. This will automatically filter out any fans marked as “do not solicit.”
(By default, any fan whose entire account or whose primary email is marked as “do not solicit” will be excluded. You also have the option to replace the fan’s primary email with another one that is ok to solicit to, if applicable.)
What fields can I export?
For CSV and SFTP exports, you can include any of the basic FanThreeSixty profile attributes:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Postal code
- Ticketing account number*
* By default, only one ticketing account number per fan will be included. Select “List each ticketing account separately” if you want to include all ticketing accounts. If a fan has more than one, each account number will be listed on different rows, and all other information will be the same.
Currently, email exports include only first name, last name and email.
How can I set up a recurring export?
Any export can be made recurring. By default, a recurring export will be set to automatically update every morning for six months.
You can change these settings by clicking “Edit settings” on the recurring export tile. You can change the following settings:
- Frequency — Choose daily, weekly, or monthly
- Day of update — For weekly, you can choose a day of the week. For monthly, you can choose a day and a week, for example, “the second Wednesday of the month”
- Time of update — Choose morning, noon, end of business, or midnight
- End date
- Whether to just add the new contacts who entered the audience since the last update, or to update information for all contacts