Send an email to an Audience
- You can easily set up a recurring email to any Audience in FanThreeSixty. With controls for “scheduling,” “customized fields” and “no solicit,” you can customize automated email distribution to your fans.
Navigate to “Send an Audience”:
- Click on Audiences in the header bar
- Select the preferred Audience from the list view
- Next, click the Share button to open the Share modal
How to Send an email to an Audience:
- With an Audience selected, click on the Share button
- Once the share modal opens, select “Link to ‘Email Provider’ audience”
- Next, select the email template or audience list within the integrated email system to link the FanThreeSixty Audience with.
- Now you’ll choose if you either want the Entire Audience or a more specific Marketing Audience to receive the email:
- Choose the Entire Audience option if you want every fan within the Audience regardless of previous ‘no solicit’ designations. NOTE: This option should be selected for transactional emails like receipts, sign up confirmations, or other non-marketing emails.
- Choose the Marketing Audience option if you want only send to fans who you have permission to market to. This option will exclude fans who have previously marked their account “No Solicit.” This option should be selected when you’re sending promotional, sponsored or other marketing emails such as newsletters.
- Now you can determine the fields that will be sent to your connected email system. FanThreeSixty defaults to First Name, Last Name and email. You can select additional fields as necessary. Some email systems, like MailChimp, restrict the fields that can be sent; so in this case, you won’t have the option of selecting any additional fields.
- Next, you can determine how frequently you want the email to be sent to fans in the audience.
- Select One-time to send a single email to your Audience right now
- Select Recurring to send an email that will go out to fans over a predefined period of time (i.e. the default setting is to send daily at 6 am for six months). You can see the current setting reflected in the Recurring box.
- If you select Recurring, you can customize the email send schedule by selecting Edit settings >
- Daily - choose the time of day: 6 a.m., Noon, or 5 p.m.
- Weekly - choose the day of week and time of day: 6 a.m., Noon, or 5 p.m.
- Monthly - choose the day of the month; first, 15th, last and time of day; 6am, noon, or 5pm
- Choose Add New Contacts Only if you want only new fans in the Audience to receive the email each time it’s sent
- Choose Update All Contacts if you want everyone in the Audience to receive the email each time it’s sent
- Use End On to select the date that you want the recurring email to stop. Please note, the email will send out on the selected end-on date unless otherwise scheduled.
- Select “Done” when you’re finished setting your schedule. You’ll return to the previous screen where you’ll see a summary of your schedule settings in the Recurring box.
- Back on the Select Frequency screen, you can see a summary of your recurring settings. Review and select Share to officially set up your recurring email. 🎉 Congrats, you’re done! 🎉
- After selecting an Audience in the Audience list, you can see active recurring emails in the info panel on the right-hand side. Each Shared email card is listed sequentially with the most recently set-up email at the top. You can see details regarding the schedule on the card itself.
- Active emails can be canceled by clicking the button in the upper right-hand corner of the Shared email card.
Tips & Tricks:
- If you don’t see the option to send an email to an Audience, contact your Client Success representative to kick-off the email integration process. FanThreeSixty also offers a native email solution that you can use to send personalized emails to your Audiences right from the FanThreeSixty platform.